earthy rosemary flavours will make this delicious beef roast a firm favourite. When time is not an issue a slow-cooked beef pot roast is the perfect crowning glory to a lazy day. This easy-toprepare recipe is definitely a great choice! Serve with creamy mashed potatoes and broccoli.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 ½ hours
Kcal per serve: 820
• 3 – 3 ½ lb. beef rump roast
• 1 tbsp. olive, canola or vegetable oil
• 1 large red onion, chopped
• 4 – 6 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 – 2 tbsp. coarse ground black pepper, to taste
• 2 – 3 stalks fresh rosemary
• 2 bay leaves
• 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
• • 1 tsp. sherry vinegar
• • 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tbsp. dark soy sauce
• ½ cup beef or veal stock
• 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp. muscovado or dark brown sugar
• 1 small bunch parsley, chopped
1. Set the InstantPot to Sauté (More/High) and add the oil. When hot add the beef roast and brown on all sides. Set
aside the beef in a bowl.
2. Select Sauté (Less), add the onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add the black pepper, rosemary and bay leaves.
Switch the InstantPot off.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, including the juices from the beef, and stir to combine.
4. Set the InstantPot to Slow (Normal) for 4 hours. Add the beef roast, pour over the liquid mixture and secure the lid,
ensuring the vent switch is set to open.
5. When done remove the beef to a warm serving dish. Remove the rosemary stalks. Taste the sauce and add salt in
6. Set the InstantPot to Sauté (More) and stir in the parsley. Cook for a few minutes to thicken the sauce if necessary.
Give the sauce extra richness and a lovely glossy sheen by adding butter. After stirring in the parsley (step 6) add a
tablespoon or two of cold butter to the sauce.